Thursday 26 December 2013

Being grateful

There comes a time in our lives when we reflect. Christmas is such a time. And I've come to realise that what I've not done enough in my life is be grateful for all the things I already have - a family, great friends, a good job, decent looks, education, a roof over my head, more than enough food on my plate, clothes, a car. But more often than not, I concentrate on the things I don't have, on the negative. Being grateful is arguably one of the most powerful and profound traits anyone could have. In fact, it is a trait everyone should have. Like myself, and for all those who constantly seek happiness, its actually within us. Look around you; there's good everywhere. Look around you and be grateful. Chances are you'll start to smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment