Sunday 4 September 2011

Back-to-work blues

I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but I acknowledge the fact that I write quite a bit about work and work-related matters. But I can't help it. Much of my life revolves around work, considering I work, on average, 12-hour days and sometimes over the weekends. The past 2 months or so since my last post has been hectic, and it wasn't until 7 days ago that my girlfriend (who, for the record, also works her butt off) and I took a long-awaited and much-needed time off from our daily routines and the hustle and bustle of city life. 

We "disappeared" to a quaint and private boutique resort on Tioman Island, located off the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia. We spent 4 days/3 nights at the resort and practically did nothing. The exclusivity of the resort helped us with our need for rest, relaxation and most importantly privacy. Our vacation coincided with a 3-day festive holiday which allowed us to take the whole week off.

7 days later, the vacation's over and its back to the daily grind. Normalcy resumes and I am dreading going back to work tomorrow. I guess its common to have such 'withdrawal symptoms' after such an awesome chilled out vacation. I'm sure many are feeling the back-to-work blues today. My only consolation is I know I'm not alone... 

No comments:

Post a Comment