Thursday 14 October 2010

The long draft

OK, I've been ranting about my inability to post every night that its becoming a bore. So, rant no more. I'll just face the fact that I won't be able to write every night. This case is closed!

9.45 a.m.: And so there I was in front of my pc at work, trying to work on the draft chairman statement for the annual report of a company I was working on. 
10.45 a.m.: I don't think I budged; maybe one sentence.
12.00 p.m.: Lunch time
12:40 p.m.: Inspired, I completed one section.
2.00 p.m.: Completed another section; one more to go
3.30 p.m.: Still stuck at the third section
5.00 p.m.: Boss returns and I not done. He's probably thinking, "Why is he taking so long?"
6.00 p.m.: Pull out the last resources from my mind to complete the draft.

I'm not cut out to write facts; I'm better at regurgitating my thoughts. Or maybe I'm just plain rusty. Still, taking more than 7 hours to complete a draft that should not take more than 2 hours is unacceptable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment